Helping you make the most of your time on two wheels
Hey fellow biker. How can we help you today?
Motorcycle touring, tips and tricks…
Motorcycling is a funny hobby. There are so many myths, opinions and pre-conceived ideas about what makes a ‘biker’.
Is it when you own a motorbike? Or only if it’s over 500cc? What if you’re ‘just’ a pillion about to go on your first ride? Or if you’ve ‘just’ been a pillion for 40 years and have toured all over the world?
Do you have to own a Harley, or have a beard down to your chest? Or be able to get your knee down on a track and ride everywhere at over 700mph? Do you need to understand what ‘torque’ is?
The fact is, these are ALL bikers. As the joke says, anyone who’s prepared to take a container of flammable liquid, add in a hot engine and put the whole thing between their legs is a ‘biker’.
“Anyone who’s prepared to take a container of flammable liquid, strap it to a hot engine and put the whole thing between their legs is a biker.”Anon (Butchered by Kat- Biker Girl Life)
It doesn’t matter what gender you are, your age, experience, what bike you ride or where you’re able to ride it– life is simply better when you have a motorcycle in it. Everyone should experience the freedom and adrenaline of being out on the open road, the wind in your helmet and beautiful views all around.
We know that motorbikes aren’t the answer to every problem, but they’re a great place to start!
About ‘Biker Girl’
If we haven’t met before, Hey- I’m Kat. I passed my motorcycle test about 8 years ago- and a fairly new female motorcycle rider who quit my job so I could explore the UK and Europe by road.
That’s adulting, right?
My husband and I, along with our cocker spaniel Mac (yes, he comes on the bike with us), tour Europe extensively, sometimes entirely by bike and sometimes using a motorhome as a base vehicle.
We have a motorcycle ‘problem’ and usually have 7-8 bikes in the stable at any one time. Our main touring bikes are two Triumph Scramblers but then we also do crazy things like ride our Kawasaki ZX’s to the Pyrenees (it was epic!)
We’ve explored over 15 countries and covered over 60,000 miles in the past 4 years alone. You can read more about our adventures here
In 2021, we started doing motorcycle track days, which were a whole new experience! Scramblers aren’t the best bikes for those, so we bit the bullet and bought two sports bikes- a ZX10r and a ZX6r. (I love the 10r, but I’m definitely not good enough for that level of crazy just yet! 😉 )
When I started doing track days, I was looking for another female biker, someone I could connect with and say ‘if SHE can do it, so can I’.
And, honestly, I struggled to find anyone. Sure, there are some amazingly talented motorcycle women who are crazy fast and extremely competent riders. But I wanted someone who was a little nervous (like me) and looking to improve.
I also wanted to be able to share our motorcycle touring adventures in more detail so others could benefit from our experiences.
So, I bit the bullet and started this blog and our Youtube channel. If I can inspire even one person, male or female, to do something they were previously too nervous to do, my mission is achieved. Riding can be scary, track days can be intimidating, touring can be nerve-wracking… but there is NOTHING you can’t do with the right kit and a little encouragement.
So, whether you’re a new rider (and feeling slightly nervous) or you’ve been riding for years and looking for new awesome biking roads, we’re here to help you make the most of your time on two wheels. I promise, if I can do it (and I was an incredibly nervous beginner rider), you definitely can too.
- Best Motorcycle Sat Nav – Top 5 reviewed & compared!Considering buying a motorcycle sat nav? Not sure which one is best for you- or even if you need one? Here’s everything you need to …
- Motorcycle Touring- the Ultimate Beginner’s GuideThinking of going on an adventure with your motorcycle? Want to know what you need to do and plan before you set off? Don’t worry- …
- Gifts for motorbikers: 50 great present ideas they’ll LOVENeed a present for a motorbike lover? Whether you’re looking for a gift for Christmas, birthday, anniversary or anything else, here are some unique, fun, …
Follow our adventures on YouTube
For many, watching the adventure is more fun then reading about it. If you’d like to SEE the places we visit, visit us on Youtube.
Chat with us on social
We’d love to connect with you! The best place to do this (other than Youtube above) is on Instagram.
Recent Articles you might be interested in
- REVIEWED: Motorcycle Cooling Vests – 10 of the bestLooking for a cooling vest for your bike rides this summer? Want something sleek, simple and effective at keeping you cool on those (hopefully!) hot summer days? You’re in the right place. We’ve reviewed …
- REVIEWED: Best Women’s Motorcycle JacketsLooking for a motorcycle jacket for a female rider? Whether you’re the main rider or a pillion, getting a properly fitted motorcycle jacket with good protection is essential. To help, we’ve reviewed the best …
- REVIEWED: Best Motorcycle Tail Bags & Dry BagsLooking for waterproof motorcycle bags and luggage? Motorcycle tail bags and roll bags offer an excellent solution but how practical are they? Are they waterproof? Safe for your belongings and secure enough not to …