Motorcycle Touring, New Rider tips and the (mis)adventures of a female motorcycle rider!
Welcome to Biker Girl Life. Despite the name, this website isn’t just for female bikers, but for anyone looking to enjoy their time on two wheels.
We believe that it doesn’t matter what gender you are, your age, experience, what you ride or where you’re able to ride it– life is just better when you have a motorcycle in it. Everyone should experience the freedom and adrenaline of being out on the open road, the wind in your helmet and beautiful views all around. We know that motorbikes aren’t the answer to every problem, but they’re a great place to start!
“It’s not about who you are or what you ride, it’s about enjoying the journey.”Kat- Biker Girl Life
About ‘Biker Girl’
If we haven’t met before, Hey- I’m Kat, a fairly new female motorcycle rider who quit my job so I could explore the UK and Europe by motorcycle.
That’s adulting, right?
Together with my husband Jay, and our spaniel Mac, we now tour almost full-time, using a motorhome as a base vehicle and two Triumph Scramblers as our adventure touring motorcycles. We’ve explored over 15 countries and covered over 60,000 miles. You can read more about our adventures here
In 2021, we started doing motorcycle track days, which were a whole new experience! Scramblers aren’t the best bikes for those, so we bit the bullet and bought two sports bikes- a ZX10r and a ZX6r. (I love the 10r, but I’m definitely not good enough for that level of crazy just yet! 😉 )
When I started doing track days, I was looking for another female biker, someone I could connect with and say ‘if SHE can do it, so can I’.
And, honestly, I struggled to find anyone. Sure, there are some amazingly talented motorcycle women who are crazy fast and extremely competent riders. But I wanted someone who was a little nervous (like me) and looking to improve.
I also wanted to be able to share our motorcycle touring adventures in more detail so others could benefit from our experiences.
So, I bit the bullet and started this blog and our Youtube channel. If I can inspire even one person, male or female, to do something they were previously too nervous to do, my mission is achieved. Riding can be scary, track days can be intimidating, touring can be nerve-wracking… but there is NOTHING you can’t do with the right kit and a little encouragement.
So, whether you’re a new rider (and feeling slightly nervous) or you’ve been riding for years and looking for new awesome biking roads, we’re here to help you make the most of your time on two wheels. I promise, if I can do it (and I was an incredibly nervous beginner rider), you definitely can too.
- Best Motorcycle Sat Nav – Top 5 reviewed & compared!Considering buying a motorcycle sat nav? Not sure which one is best for you- or even if you need one? Here’s everything you need to …
- Motorcycle Touring- the Ultimate Beginner’s GuideThinking of going on an adventure with your motorcycle? Want to know what you need to do and plan before you set off? Don’t worry- …
- Gifts for motorbikers: 50 great present ideas they’ll LOVENeed a present for a motorbike lover? Whether you’re looking for a gift for Christmas, birthday, anniversary or anything else, here are some unique, fun, …
Follow our adventures on YouTube
For many, watching the adventure is more fun then reading about it. If you’d like to SEE the places we visit, visit us on Youtube.
Chat with us on social
We’d love to connect with you! The best place to do this (other than Youtube above) is on Instagram.
Recent Articles you might be interested in
- Motorcycling in Norway- everything you need to knowPlanning to go touring in Norway with a motorbike? There are some essential things you need to know before your trip, including important paperwork and what kit to bring with you. Here’s everything you …
- Motorcycling in France- the Ultimate GuidePlanning to go touring in France with a motorbike? There are some essential things you need to know before your trip, including important paperwork and what kit to bring with you. Here’s everything you …
- Motorcycling in Italy- the Ultimate GuidePlanning a motorbike trip to Italy? Want to tour some of the most beautiful countryside in Europe? Here’s everything you need to know to go motorcycling in Italy, step-by-step. Motorcycling in Italy- why you …